Visa Information » Hongkong
In general, unless a person has the right of abode or right to land in the HKSAR, he/she requires an entry visa/permit to work, study, establish or join in any business, take up residence or to stay in the HKSAR as a visitor longer than the allowed visa free period. While each application is determined on its individual merits, an applicant should meet normal immigration requirements (such as holding a valid travel document with adequate returnability to his/her country of residence or citizenship; be of clear criminal record and raise no security or criminal concerns to the HKSAR, have no likelihood of becoming a burden on Hong Kong; etc.) as well as the relevant specific eligibility criteria detailed below before he/she may be considered for the grant of an entry visa/permit. It should be noted that the eligibility criteria may be subject to change from time to time.